Thank you RelentlesslyPurple for nominating me for the Leibster Award!
I’m happy to have this on my blog.
So here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride.
- Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award.
- Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
My answers to the 11 questions I was asked:
- What is your all time favourite film and why? My all time favourite film would probably have to be Rocky. I’ve always loved underdog stories and even Stallone’s personal success story is just as impressive!
- If you could own any car or motorbike what would it be? Easy. 900cc Kawasaki Ninja. In metallic red. Can’t really explain why but since I was younger that’s all I wanted- if I could choose.
- What is your favourite way to relax? Not that I get to do it as much as I’d like, but I enjoy just sitting down and playing my guitar; making stuff up or just whatever I feel like really. As long as I’m alone I can belt out lyrics and pretend I’m a rock star.
- What is your greatest achievement? Surviving up until now I think needs to be up there on the list! I don’t know to be honest, being pre-selected for the Close Protection Team when I was RMP was something I was quite proud of, but that was a long time ago now…
- If you could achieve one thing this year what would it be? Self-improvement. I’ve started getting back into the habit of exercising regularly (and blogging about it) so that’d be a good place to start.
- What one thing have you been meaning to fix or replace but just haven’t gotten round to? Just the one thing!? Damn… I have a big problem with dead watch batteries, it wouldn’t be so bad but it’s all three of my watches that have stopped working. I have no watches!!
- Where is your favourite place to visit & why? Guyana is my favourite country in the world by far! I’ve been there 3 times now and can’t wait to get back again. The blends of cultures, the lifestyle, the tropical climate. I’ve never been anywhere else that has the same sort of hospitality Guyanese people offer. (Or if I’m UK-bound it’d probably be at RelentlesslyPurple’s- always the first place I go.)
- Do you have a favourite meal you just couldn’t live without? I like food! There really isn’t much I wouldn’t eat. But if I had to choose one it’d probably just be a pizza; at least you can keep changing the toppings to stop it getting boring.
- If you were offered a £10,000 or a self sufficient island which would you go for? Self sufficient island. Unless of course because it’s self sufficient that meant I had to stay there isolated, or I’m the only human on the island, in which case… I’d probably still take the island most times.
- Where would you go if you had the offer of an all expenses paid family holiday? Since I was a kid we’ve taken family holidays to Portugal because that’s where my grandparents live, one of the only times the whole family is together. But if I could, I’d take them somewhere none of us have been before like far parts of Eastern Europe or the Arctic (although I don’t like cold).
- What book do you have next in line to read? My “To Read List” is already pretty daunting (I just looked, over 20 books already). I’m a bit of an info-junkie too, they’re random things like Morphogenesis & the Skillsets of Evolution, Synchronicity: the Inner Path of Leadership, and Gene Keys: Unlocking the Higher Purpose Hidden in your DNA. I recently download a lot of books on Calisthenics too.
My list of 11 Random Facts About Me:
- I can speak 3 languages (at a basic level) and I think I do all of them terribly.
- I have a habit of over simplifying everything (e.g. “cooking is making food hot” or my catchphrase “I like food”).
- I seem to fit in everywhere I go from loitering the streets to partying with millionaires to strangers in foreign countries. I don’t know how but I’ve done it.
- Every 2 years or so my life totally changes.
- I’m one of those people that would rather have an off-grid home in the middle of butt-f**k nowhere and live in obscurity than be rich and famous and have lots of people pretend to love me.
- At the age of 27, I genuinely believe my life would make an awesome movie already.
- I would love to have a wolf, a monkey or a penguin as a pet.
- People already think I’m crazy but I’m afraid one day someone will prove it and I’ll be locked up.
- For every new place I’ve lived, I’ve had a new nickname.
- I can sometimes have 3 or 4 different books that I’m reading at the same time.
- I only watch TV if someone else puts it on.
My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
And my 11 questions for them:
- What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Would you prefer 6 months travelling solo, or two weeks on holiday with a friend?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail what is the ultimate thing you’d want to achieve?
- What is your favourite book or film and why?
- Who are your influences?
- Would you say you’re a typical anything? (nerd, gamer, gym-bunny, etc.)
- What does your workspace look like?
- If you won a million pounds, what’s the first thing you’d do with it?
- When was the last time you did something you’ve never done before?
- Did you make a New Years Resolution? If you did, how long before you broke it?
- If you could do one thing to influence the world, positive or negative, what would it be? And why if you care to explain…
Well thanks for checking in again, I do enjoy sharing all this random stuff with you guys.
Be sure to come back in a day or two for my next post and as always please like, share and comment if you feel like I’ve earned it 😉
See you soon!